Thursday, September 7, 2017

Hike to the Wind Caves

We hiked the Wind Caves on Labor Day for Team Colt, and it was the BEST!!!


This girl, here ^^, is AMAZING! She is one of the best people I know! So, we decided to dedicate this hike to her Mom, who has been gone nearly 14 years, Ruth La Dawn Watterson Starks.

Team Colt loves reaching out to others, and letting them know we are with them through the many trials life throws at us. We love that we were able to give our dear friend a small dose of comfort, in knowing that we knew her struggle, and we will NEVER forget her dear mom.


4 La Dawn, is what we wrote on us! (although I know its hard to see in the picture!) I will always think of her whenever I do this hike again!




It was fun having so many of our family with us for this event! Both sets of Colt's grandparents, several of his aunts & uncles, most of his cousins, and a handful of his extended family were able to hike with us! I always get a little emotional when we do an event for him, but this one was especially special, because it is the first one that we have had all four of our parents with us.



Also, do you just LOVE our Team Colt shirts!?! Cuz I absolutely do!!


Just look at our awesome (& BIG) group! I love each of these people with my whole heart!

It wasn't an easy hike for some of these guys, but they all did it, and with a smile! Geez, we have some amazing family and friends!



Lisa and Holly painted rocks for Colt & La Dawn, which we left at the top! How awesome are they!?! (although one fell off the cliff and was lost!) I hope they are there next time we go!



And last, but not least, look at my sweet Graci! She LOVES doing all the events for Colt, and gets so excited to win each one for him! She was the first one to the top in our group, with Gpa Woodland, and ran much of the way! I love how close she makes me feel to Colt, and hope she always feels that love for him that she does now. Their bond has truly held strong, even though they only spent 6 1/2 months together on earth!


BEST LABOR DAY EVER!!!



Also, its been 4 months since Colt's Angel Day, and while its been the worst 4 months of my life, its also been amazing to feel God's love individually for me and my family. I know I have some HARD months ahead of me, but with God and these people by my side, I know I can do it! #milesforCOLTman


Love you Bubba, miss you ALWAYS!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment