Saturday, July 15, 2017

Run To Remember

This morning Team Colt was able to run a race in Idaho Falls for my cousin, Nick. He was involved in a horrible car accident on May 22, that took two of his friends lives, Ivy & Asher, and left Nick and the other driver, Brittney, in critical condition. Run to Remember: 1 town 1 run, was a way for some of Nick's friends to get involved, raise funds, and create something physical to memorialize the people involved in the crash. It was an amazing race, and one that I felt a personal closeness to, not only for my awesome cousin, but for the other families who lost their children just two weeks after I lost Colt. Each race we have done has had a special meaning and purpose for me, and this one was extra close to my heart!


The very best part of this race was that Nick was able to be there! He was released from Primary Children's just one week before the event, and we were all super excited to run alongside him! He was able to bike the whole 5K without even breaking a sweat! Talk about an amazing kid, and tremendous fighter! We are so happy that he is recovering so well!!


Many of Nick's friends, and all of his siblings ran the race with him, and it was great to see all the support! (I didn't get a picture of Tysen running because he was way too fast!) And my uncle Chad ran right next to Nick the whole race, which was a sweet thing to watch!

 

Graci was just excited that she won a prize for being the youngest runner! And as always, she crossed the finish line with more determination than I ever thought such a little body could hold. She loves #runningforCOLTman and 'winning' the races for her brother!


I sure love my family, and all the support they give each other, especially through the hard times! With two big trials so close, I have come to see just how awesome they all are, and how much they really love each other! I love watching each one of them fill up a special role in the family, and my life personally. I couldn't do life without them all!

 
 

 After the race, we all went to Nick's High School, where his friends had decorated a rock with all their classmates names on it. I have loved watching this whole community come together through this tragedy, and it has truly inspired me to carry others burdens, and be a better neighbor.


 I sure love this kid, and am so glad he is doing better! He is one of the toughest guys I know, and I have loved watching the miracles unfold through all of this. God is Good! And GO TEAM COLT!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment