Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Freedom Run 2017

Our 4th of July started off with a 15K for TEAM COLT and it was a blast!


I couldn't have asked for a better team to run with! They were awesome, and it was so much fun to be with them! I seriously have some of the best family and friends ever!!!


My favorite part was crossing the finish line with our whole team there! Graci was excited to do the last 2 blocks for her brother, and beat all of us! She is such a little rockstar!! :)


We were also able to run for my cousin Nick, who was in a bad car accident 6 weeks ago. He was in a coma for quite awhile, but is doing amazing and will probably be able to come home soon! He is a fighter, and an awesome example of trekking through the hard times in life! I am so grateful for his strength and courage!


We each decorated a flag and carried it the 9.37 miles we ran. Some of us took them all up to his grave later that day and put them all there. It was a really cool and fun experience!


Team Colt is one of the biggest reasons I am able to keep smiling through this trial. I love how it lets me continue to 'show him off' and sacrifice for him. I am always looking forward to the next event, and love the journey they seem to take me on!

I am so grateful for my "team" who have been with me for much longer than the two months Colt has been gone. My amazing mom and ultra cool aunts have been pushing me to always give it my all and push through even when life (or a race) gets rough. They are the reason Team Colt exists! I am so amazed by how much they have supported us through this trial. These ladies are really the best!! Thank you Mom, Ashlee, Lisa, & Megan for creating Team Colt. Thank you EmmaLee, Kiney, & Graci for running with us! Thanks to Gma Woodland (Lu) for running your own race at home. Thanks Dad for always being there! A BIG thank you to Holly for taking our pictures and being there for whatever else we may need! And also a huge thank you to all our other friends and family members who have been loving and supporting us through everything! Love to you all!! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!!! Such a great way to keep Colt in your heart and to honor him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for good days and creating great memories. Good family and friends make all the difference. Such a great way to remember Colt and keep him close! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete